Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hay Sings and Cow Poke

Or reason #242 why I homeschool

     Since I fell off the history wagon sometime in November, I thought that it would be a good idea to read back through The Story of tlhe World Vol. 2 to where history dropped off the schedule.  I read a chapter aloud to the Crafter every day.  Wild Thing has been listening in--more or less.  I'm wasn't sure if he was getting anything out of it. Yesterday we read about the Battle of Hastings.   The Crafter and Wild Thing listened.  When the story was over, Wild Thing ran from the room.  He usually runs from the room as soon as his required listening is over, but this time he came back with his toy knights.  He set up his red knights up on a stool and his blue knights on the floor. 

Me:  What are you doing?

Wild Thing:  Playing Hay Sings

Me:  What army is on the stool?

Wild Thing:  Harold is on the hill and William is on the floor.

Me:  Who gets the dragon?

Wild Thing:  William gets the dragon and Harold gets the Cow Poke.

Me:  Cow Poke?

Wild Thing:  This.  (holds up toy catapult)

The Crafter:  (laughing so hard she can barely get the words out)  It's a Cat-a-pult, not a Cow Poke.

Wild Thing:  Cow Poke. (flies toy dragon to the stool and knocks down Harold and his army)

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. I think I'm going to like it here.


    Your Wild Thing sounds alot like my ds by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete