Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back to Work

     I have to face facts--vacation is officially over.  We got back from our annual trip from Myrtle Beach yesterday--just ahead of the Republican Presidential debate.  We had a good time.  The weather was warm enough for the children (not the parents) to play in the ocean.  We spent a lot of time at the indoor pool and lazy river.  Myrtle Beach in January is great.  There are no crowds.  The resorts are Motel 6 prices.  Most of the touristy, waste your money, stuff is closed.  Nothing to do but play with the kids.


     Bradford Academy is slowly, but surely getting back into full swing.   The Crafter covers the basics daily.  The extras are suffering, but that's usual.  Wild Thing is beginning "preschool" which consists of about 10 minutes of letter/sound practice and a coloring page or worksheet of some sort each day.   He also has to listen to the read-aloud part of history.   Actually working with two students while dealing with a 2 year old is proving more challenging than I thought.  How does a mom of many manage?


     I go back to college teaching tomorrow.  I have 2 chemistry labs this semester.  I am not particularly looking forward to teaching this time around.  No matter how many times I do it, I dread the start of new classes.  I always get over it.  I hate writing the syllabus and meeting the first class.  Once I get going, I'm fine.  I did manage to do a decent job of teaching math to motorcycle mechanics last semester, but that is another story for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment