Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas 2007

I'd better post about Christmas 2007 while it is still 2007.

We had a nice, quiet Christmas at home.  I was greatful to not have to go anywhere.  The children slept until 8:00!?!  They got their presents from Santa*.  Wild Thing actually had coal in his stocking because of his bad behavior prior to Christmas morning.  He still has a present in the attic.

I cooked my first turkey using the Alton Brown brining method.  It took me 15 married Christmases to get around to cooking a turkey.  It was not as hard as my mother made it out to be.  The turkey was tasty.  We had mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and cookies to complete the meal.  Everyone ate too much.

We spent the afternoon playing with the Christmas presents and taking turns on the phone talking to various family members.

*By the way, we don't really do Santa here.  We play "The Santa Game" where it is known that Mama and Daddy pretend to be Santa Claus.  One of the main rules is that we do not talk about "The Santa Game" outside of our immediate family.

No comments:

Post a Comment