Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What We Did For Thanksgiving

We had a fairly uneventful holiday.  The Historians family didn't meet at all due to work schedules, family obligations, and a minor surgery.  My family put off Thanksgiving until Saturday because that was the only day when everyone could get together. 

So Thursday and Friday passed quietly.  Saturday morning I awoke to Sweetie coughing and then crying.  I went to get her.  Wild Thing met me and said "I threw up in my bed."  I sent him to stand in the bathtub.  I went into Sweetie's room.  Guess what?  She threw up in her bed too.  I woke the Historian.  He tended to the baths.  I worked on cleaning up the messes (by the way, my dryer hasn't worked since October) and spraying all surfaces with disinfectant.  The Crafter stayed in her room with the door closed.  She has a hair trigger gag reflex and the smell would have sent her over the edge.  I called my Mom and told her that we wouldn't be taking our germs to her house.

Sweetie and Wild Thing recovered quickly.  By early afternoon the only sign of the event was a mountain of clean, wet clothes.  My Mom called to check on the kids.  We decided to go to her house on Sunday for leftovers.  We skipped church and went for a nice, simple meal.  We had a good visit with my parents, my grandmother, my uncle, and one of my cousins.  The only thing I really missed was seeing my sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment