Sunday, April 17, 2011

Perspective

My family is safe. I have a roof over my head. The families in my community have roofs over their heads. My husband still has a place to work.

There are those in Sanford who have none of these things.



The devastation is about 12 miles from our house. Our usual Lowes now lies in rubble. About 100 people were inside when the tornado hit. All escaped with only minor injuries. We have friends who live on streets where their houses survived while others are unlivable. We have no damage. Our power and landlines were out for about 13 hours. We are fortunate.

Once again, I am humbled before God. Thank you for sparing us and our friends and family. Surely Your hand protects.

2 comments:

  1. I am praiing the Lord with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God with you! We were in a church close to one of the tornadoes. The power was out and we were huddled in a dark hallway with a large group of children (cast and siblings from a play). The devastation of this storm and again the recent ones have been difficult. I'm so glad y'all are fine!

    ReplyDelete