Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January is a Busy Month

January is our busiest month.  We started off the new year with the Historian's family Christmas.  We were supposed to leave the next day for our annual trip to Myrtle Beach, but the hotel's pool was closed for maintenance.  I am grateful that they contacted us.  We ended up going the next week. 

The Historian decided that we needed to join a co-op.  (I am not sure that co-op should be hyphenated, but whenever I see coop, I think chickens.)  He scrambled to get the paperwork in on time only to discover that the church where it meets is 25 minutes further away that he thought.  The word Chapel instead of church makes all the difference.  I wanted to just pull out and let the fees count as a donation.  I do not want to drive an hour for an early morning activity.  He wants to make it work.  We shall see.

I am only teaching one chemistry lab this semester.  The college isn't offering organic chemistry this semester because of lack of interest.  (Where is a shocked, open-mouthed smiley when I need it?)  Canceling organic left 6 open classroom hours for full time faculty, so I'm teaching less.  We'll miss the money.

We finally made it to Myrtle Beach the second week of January--just ahead of the great southern ice storm.  We didn't leave the hotel the entire time we were there.  An indoor heated pool provided hours of entertainment.  When we left there was ice in the palmettos.

The Crafter's CYT (Christian Youth Theater) practices started full force when we got back from out trip.  The final two weeks of rehearsals are grueling.  We are in the midst of them now.  The director always says to not judge CYT by the final two weeks.  CYT is worth it.  It is a wonderful ministry.  The play is next week.  If you are in the Raleigh area, click here for information.

Now my blog is officially updated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment