Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sick

I've been sick.  This is the second time this year I have been totally out of commission with some sort of illness.   This time it was some kind of respiratory thing with fever but not influenza.  In other words, I feel horrible.  I spent Easter afternoon and Monday trying to rest.  Yesterday, I managed to get up and start doing my jobs again out of pure necessity.  I was up most of last night coughing, and I am on day three of a sinus headache.  Today will be a challenge.

I wish I could say that my family is supportive and helpful when I am sick, but that is not the case.  They faithfully leave every dirty dish and sock for me to take care of when I recover.  The Historian does cook, but he does not clean up.  He will wash a dish if and only if he needs it for cooking.  The kids also neglect their regular chores if I don't remind them, so the living room is a wreck of toys and craft items.  Combine that with their windfall of 138 Easter eggs (but that's another post), and the house is a disaster area.  When I mentioned to the Historian that there was no need of the house going completely to a place usually reached by handbasket because I was sick, he looked a bit guilty, but offered no compassion and left for work.  Ugh.

I would like to thank the Crafter for being extra helpful.  She spent lots of time keeping Wild Thing and Sweetie entertained so I could nap Monday afternoon.  She even brushed Sweetie's teeth because it hurts my head to bend over.  I think she may feel a bit guilty since she's the one who brought this virus home.

Maybe today I can rally the troops for a big clean up.

1 comment:

  1. blessedwith2angelsApril 25, 2009 at 4:12 AM

    I hope you are feeling much better now. I don't get any compassion when I am sick either. Everyone leaves everything for me. Ugh!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete