Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm back...I think

January was a whirlwind of activity.   The Crafter's play practice schedule pretty much took over.  Add some colds (Sweetie and the Crafter), an ear infection (the Crafter),  and a round of the dreaded stomach flu during play week (Sweetie, Wild Thing, the Historian, and me), and you can see why the blog has been neglected. 

I thought that I would get back into action last week.  After all, the play did have a successful three night run and everyone was on the mend.  I guess the cat felt neglected and decided to need emergency surgery.  Fun.  This cat is eleven years old.  He had a cataract in one eye that detached.  I noticed that his eye looked bigger.  I took him to the vet, and she said that his eye was getting ready to rupture.  Five hundred dollars later, we now have a one-eyed geriatric cat.  After recovering from surgery, he is like a new cat.  He's been catching voles, antagonizing the dog, and playing again. 

So this week has been fairly ordinary.  We haven't had any extra appointments.  I've been trying to get us back on some sort of schedule.  We have been doing "school lite" since Thanksgiving, and it's time for that to stop.   More later.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that everyone is okay again, even the cat!

    Sweetie's haircut is so cute!

    I had to stop by and let you know my new blog address: http://momsmutterings.blogspot.com

    I have had such a hard time with hsb, I thought blogger might be easier. Hope you'll still visit! : )

    Pam

    ReplyDelete